Sunday, November 22, 2009

Women Unbound Challenge - DONE



From the Women Unbound blog:


The challenge runs from November 2009-November 2010, but you may join in the fun whenever you wish! Participants are encouraged to read nonfiction and fiction books related to the rather broad idea of ‘women’s studies.’ 

Interested in participating? Great! There are three levels you can choose as a reader:
  • Philogynist: read at least two books, including at least one nonfiction one.
  • Bluestocking: read at least five books, including at least two nonfiction ones.
  • Suffragette: read at least eight books, including at least three nonfiction ones.


I'm gonna go for it all and go with being a Suffragette. I have a ton of books related to this topic and this is a good way to go ahead and read them.

My list:

Fiction
The Awakening by Kate Chopin
The Garden Party and Other Stories by Katherine Mansfield
To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood

Non-Fiction
Ten Days in a Mad-House by Nellie Bly
Wild Heart by Suzanne Rodriguez
A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf

3 comments:

Amy said...

Great choices! Woolf and Plath are two of my all-time favorites!

Care said...

Great fiction choices! I so want to read The Bell Jar, for years and I keep putting it off. Hopefully this challenge will kick me into gear. I'm re-reading Mrs. Dalloway, recently read The Awakening, and have Alias Grace in the house. We're thinking along the same lines, huh? So much great NF to read I'm still adding books.

Aarti said...

The first non-fiction book you have sounds REALLY interesting. As does Women and Victorian theatre. And all the rest! Can't wait for you to read and review these!