Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Where Shadows Dance by C.S. Harris

Book six in the Sebastian St. Cyr mystery series.

Another winner; this series shows no signs of slowing down, and there has yet to be a book that I was disappointed in.

The story moved swiftly, there were no slagging moments. Fast-paced action, interesting characters, great dialog, just like the previous installments.

Since we're far into the series, I can't say a whole lot because there will be spoilers for other books, but I can talk about the mystery aspect of the book: Just a few days after the events of the last book, Sebastian finds himself involved in yet another murder investigation.

A young man dies in his bed of a heart condition, or so it seems. Sebastian's friend Gibson discovers that the young man was actually murdered. Seeing as how Gibson obtained the body by less than legal means, Sebastian has to go about solving the murder in a way different to his other investigations. Which is a bit hard, seeing as how the people who might be involved are high-ranking officials . However, when another young man is murdered in the same way, Sebastian knows he has to work fast.

After reading this book, I wave my Hero flag even higher. She is an amazing heroine, and I prefer her over Kat Boleyn by a tenfold.


1 comments:

Laura at Library of Clean Reads said...

I have never read this series but now you've got me all curious. Thanks for sharing!