Monday, February 22, 2010

Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase

High expectations are the devil. I really need to stop doing that.

This one seems to be a favorite among the available historical romance out there, but it's not one of my favorites. I didn't find anything special about it, beside the fact that after the hero ruined the heroine's reputation, she flippin' shot him. You go, girl!

The heroine was awesome. Jessica wasn't threatened by anyone and found great fun in ruining a man's reputation. That tickled me. When she's not shooting or beating the crap out of someone, she uses her quick wit and intelligence to override society.

The hero, Dain, annoyed me a bit. Although, no one can annoy me as much as Vidal did in Devil's Cub by Georgette Heyer (I wish someone would have shot him!), I still wanted to smack Dain aside the head from time to time. His schtick got real old real fast. Jessica was a saint.


2 comments:

Amelia said...

I usually ALWAYS have high expectations :P I don't think it can be helped!

Christy B said...

It's frustrating reading 5-star review after 5-star review and then finishing the book and thinking, "What am I missing?"