Monday, March 1, 2010

Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn

Book #4 in the Bridgerton series.

Delightful. My favorite of the series, thus far. Colin and Penelope were just awesome and adorable together.

I have to admit, while I just adore Colin and Penelope, I found my favorite character to be Lady Danbury! I love characters like her - old aristocrats who like to poke people with their walking sticks and say scandalous things because they just know that no one will tell them to knock it off. And to top it off, she's offering a reward to anyone who can unmask Lady Whistledown!

While Colin is finally getting off his duff and realizing his true feelings for Penelope - when she has been in love with him for years - the infamous (and unknown) Lady Whistledown has announced in her Society Papers that she is retiring! Made me kind of sad really, I enjoyed her wit before every chapter, but finally we find out who it is, and I have to say, I had a sneaking suspicion about who it ended up being.

I've zipped through the first four in this series in less than a week, but I think it is time to take a break. I don't want this series to be over yet!


0 comments: