Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sanditon by Jane Austen

Sanditon is a uncompleted novel by Jane Austen. It consists of only 11 chapters. There are a couple versions out there that were completed by other authors, but I deterred from reading them. I only read Austen's original 11.

The story revolves around the fictional seaside town of Sandition. In the 11 chapters we are introduced to host of interesting characters, both major and minor, and a few already budding storylines. I had to keep telling myself not to get too invested in all this, seeing as how I'd never reach its conclusion, but I failed.

It's disappointing Austen never had a chance to finish this. No doubt it would be another intriguing and beautiful novel to add to her bibliography. I enjoyed it immensely.

I recommend it to other Austen enthusiasts who can't get enough of her words.

Sanditon and Other Stories download.

0 comments: