Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday 01.04.11

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's top ten is: Top Ten Books I Resolve To Read in 2011.


  1. Through a Glass Darkly by Kathleen Koen - A classic historical fiction novel that has been on my shelf forever.
  2. Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf- I read To the Lighthouse and A Room of One's Own last year and it only possessed me to read more of Woolf's work.
  3. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo - A book I'm rather afraid of, but want to tackle.
  4. A Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood - After reading Alias Grace last year, I am rather eager to dive into Atwood's work.
  5. The Madwoman in the Attic by Susan M. Gilbert and Susan Gubar - Another book that's been on my shelf for ages.
  6. Gilded Youth by Kate Cambor - Ditto as above.
  7. Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke - Another intimating book, but I think I'd get to this one before Les Mis.
  8. According to Jane by Marilyn Brant - I won this back in '09 and should probably get to reading it.
  9. His Excellency by Joseph J. Ellis - A short book about George Washington that I've had for a few years. There's really no excuse as to why I haven't read this.
  10. Both The Silver Chair and The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis - The only Narnia books I have yet to read.

5 comments:

Joanne said...

You're in for a treat with Through A Glass Darkly....I haven't heard a person yet who read it and didn't absolutely love it! It's a keeper!

Jamie said...

I really want to read A Handmaid's Tale this year as well. I loved Cat's Eye by Atwood! Also should probably get to Mrs. Dalloway since it has been sitting on my shelf unread for an embarrassingly long amount of time.

Anne Bennett said...

I'm a huge Narnia fan. Go. Go. Finish the series!

Miss Sigh...anide in the Word Emporium said...

I think I missed the same two Narnia books when reading the series but it was that long ago that I might as well read the full series again; something which I intend to do but I didn't think to put on my TTT post.
I read Mrs Dalloway for my degree and was slightly ambivalent about it, but that's probably because I HAD to read it for class, I hope you enjoy it, and all your other TTT books in 2011 :)

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I've only read Lion, Witch and Wardrobe; I really need to get the others read.

Here's my list of books I will read in 2011: http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2011/01/top-ten-books-i-resolve-to-read-in-2011.html