I was hoping someone would host an Italian reading challenge. Being half Italian, myself, I'm always up to learning about the country of my ancestors!
I doubt I'll get 12 books read, but we'll see.
Hosted over at Book After Book.
- The challenge will run from January, 1st 2011 to December, 31st 2011.
- The aim of the challenge is to read at least 12 books that are set in Italy. Whether written by Italian authors or not, it doesn’t matter. They don’t have to be set exclusively in Italy but this country needs to play a significant role in the book. The challenge can include non-fiction books about Italy. You can also review Italian learning books but this is limited to a maximum of two titles. See the section “Resources” below for some suggestions.
- The challenge is open to bloggers and non bloggers alike.
- There will be monthly prizes for participants.
- Season of Storms by Susanna Kearsley
- The Blind Contessa's New Machine by Carey Wallace
- The Tigress of Forli by Elizabeth Lev
- The Villa Triste by Lucretia Grindle
- His Last Duchess by Gabrielle Kimm
- The Second Duchess by Elizabeth Loupas
- The Devil and Maria D'Avalos by Victoria Hammond
- The Betrothed by Alessandro Manzoni
- The Leopard by Guiseppe di Lampedusa
- Romola by George Eliot
- Sacred Hearts by Sarah Durant
- A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
- The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare
- The Four Seasons by Laurel Corona
- Poison by Sara Poole
- The Passion by Jeanette Winterson
- Daisy Miller by Henry James
- The Wings of the Dove of Henry James
- The Madonna of the Almonds by Marina Fiorato
- Wings of the Falcon by Barbara Michaels
- The Sonnet Lover by Carol Goodman
- O, Juliet by Robin Maxwell