Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's top ten is: Top Ten Book to Movie Adaptations.
- Gone With the Wind - All-time classic. I saw the movie before I read the book, and both are equally good.
- Rebecca - Another classic and like the above, I saw the movie before I read the book, so I couldn't help but picture Larry Olivier as Maxim while reading.
- Orlando - Some things were changed up, but the book itself seemed impossible to put into movie form, so it's all right. The film was just brilliant and beautiful in its own right. Oh, and Tilda Swinton was just perfect in the title role.
- Pride & Prejudice (1995 Mini Series) - Perfect Mr. Darcy? Check.
- The Scarlet Pimpernel (1982 TV Movie) - Just a fantastic cast. Anthony Andrews will always be my favorite Sir Percy. And the movie added some things that weren't in the book, such as sword fighting!
- North and South (2004 Mini Series) - I honestly didn't care for the novel, but the mini series just blew me away and remains one of my all time favorites.
- Wives and Daughters (1997 Mini Series) - Another Gaskell novel, but this novel I loved. The mini series was great, and seeing how the novel was incomplete, the mini series made up its own ending, which I thought was perfect.
- Jane Eyre (2006 Mini Series) - Some things were left out, but oh, it just does not matter! The leads were fantastic and Toby Stephens will always be my favorite Mr. Rochester!
- Middlemarch (1994 Mini Series) - I enjoyed it more than the novel. Plus, it's where I first noticed Rufus Sewell, so it definitely goes on the list!
- The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe - I'm choosing both the 1988 mini series and the most recent feature film, here. I grew up with the mini series and adored it, and I thought the recent adaptation was breathtaking!
Honorable Mention: The Harry Potter films. They're not perfect, but are still enjoyable. The Deathly Hallows Part 1 was the best one, yet!