Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Silver Rose by Susan Carroll


At first, reading The Silver Rose, I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as the others in the series, but after finishing, I realized that this was probably my favorite of the series.

The Silver Rose focuses on the youngest Cheney sister: Miri. Miri is probably the most powerful of the Cheney sisters, due to her ability to communicate with animals, her gift for healing, and her ability to see the future. She's also a bit of a spitfire. Due to being the youngest, Miri no doubt had been seen as fragile, and she snaps at anyone who thinks she isn't strong enough to fight for what she believes in.

Miri unexpectedly teams up with witch hunter Aristide to help track down The Silver Rose, a witch who seems to be as evil as the devil himself, and who is giving women like Miri – a daughter of the earth – a bad name.

I thought I'd stop with the series with this book, seeing as how we're done with the stories of the three Cheney series, but I have to know what happens to one of my favorite side characters: Martin, who popped up in book two and I loved at first sight. His story seems to be just beginning.

The Silver Rose is, so far, the darkest of the series, and definitely the best.

See my review of the the previous two installments in this series here and here.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Gabrielle was my favorite Cheney sister. I liked Miri the least of the three. Are you reading the next in the series soon? This one takes the focus off the sisters and introduces a new character that I really ended up liking :)

Christy B said...

I plan to get to the other books someday, not sure when.