Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Victorian Challenge 2012 - FAILED


Hosted over at Laura's Reviews.

Here's the deal:

1. The Victorian Challenge 2012 will run from January 1st to December 31st, 2012. You can post a review before this date if you wish. 
2. You can read a book, watch a movie, or listen to an audiobook, anything Victorian related that you would like. Reading, watching, or listening to a favorite Victorian related item again for the second, third, or more time is also allowed. You can also share items with other challenges. 
3. The goal will be to read, watch, listen, to 2 to 6 (or beyond) anything Victorian items.
So, I tried a Victorian challenge in 2011 and failed miserably, so I'm trying again with a different one. I'm including the list I put up last year, as I hope to get to some of these eventually.


  1. The First Violin by Jessie Fothergill


Possible candidates:
  • Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
  • The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Brontë
  • The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
  • The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
  • Consuelo by George Sand
  • Daniel Deronda by George Eliot
  • Washington Square by Henry James
  • The First Violin by Jessie Fothergill
  • Miss Marjoribanks by Margaret Oliphant

2 comments:

Audra said...

I'm back-and-forth on this one -- I read only one Victorian in 2011 but loved it -- and never would have read it were it not for the challenge. But my review schedule is so crazy I don't have lots of free reading...choices, choices!

Joanne said...

I'll be joining this challenge, too. Good luck!