Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Janus Affair by Pip Ballantine & Tee Morris

I received a galley of this novel from Edelweiss for review. This in no way affected my opinions.



Books & Braun are back in another harrowing (and unauthorized) adventure!

Eliza has dragged Wellington into another case that is personal for her. An adamant suffragist, Eliza notices a pattern that several of her sisters have been disappearing into thin air; literally! Fearful for her friends and for the future of the movement, nothing is going to stop her from finding out what's up, not even the Ministry.

Even more thrilling than its predecessor, The Janus Affair is filled with even more sketchy characters, hilarious dialogue, drop-down drag-out fights, and more scenes with my favorite Italian lady assassin: Sophia del Morte. Hell yes, she had a lot more scenes in this book than the first, so I got my wish! She stole every scene she was in, without a doubt. I don't know what it says about me that my favorite character in the series is an assassin, but I can't help it: she's fabulous and smart and lethal. Oh, yes, and this book also had a lot more strong, interesting female characters. I love this series for that.

The action and fight scenes were very easy to follow, usually, I get lost during them. The whole mystery with who exactly was causing all these women to disappear was well done. It literally was a mystery to who it was, and I was surprised when Wellington discovered who it was. Because, I mean, who else would have figured it out?

I can't wait to follow Eliza and Wellington (and hopefully Sophia) in the next book. Hopefully, I don't have to wait too long!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered this a few days ago when preparing my new release post. I was interested in it enough to include it in the post, but am now sold. Thanks for your great review. - FABR Steph