Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Last Telegram by Liz Trenow


I received a galley of this novel from NetGalley for review. This in no way affected my opinions.

At first look, this looked like another historical fiction tale set during World War II. In some ways, it was, but it had a different settings: a silk factory.

The factory eventually starts making parachutes for the war. This was an interesting perspective: a factory and its workers during wartime.

This book dealt bad choices, regrets, immense love, and bravery.

The point of view we're seeing through is Lily Verner, a young woman who starts working at the family's silk factory. There she finds friendship, love, and learns new and unexpected things about herself.

I'm just giving you the bare bones here, because this book was basically a story about ordinary people during extraordinary times. It will pull on your heartstrings, and like any good book, will make you think about what you might have done in the same situations.


2 comments:

Marg said...

I am so looking forward to reading this one!

Anna said...

I'll be starting this one soon, so I'm glad to see you liked it. I was intrigued by it being set in a silk factory.