Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Sunday Salon 09.20.09


Happy Sunday!

Hi, folks! This past week was filled with lots of activities for book bloggers. Hope you got some reading done! I finished a few books this week and started a few more.

Finished my first book in the Back to School Challenge with North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. I wasn't exactly thrilled with it, but I am looking forward to watching the miniseries, which I've heard so many good things about. I also finally finished The Meaning of Night: A Confession by Michael Cox. It was one of those books that I enjoyed in some parts, but thought other parts could have been better.

I started my second book in the challenge with Brideshead Revisted by Evelyn Waugh. Almost done with it and am enjoying it. I'm also reading The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton. I'm enjoy that, as well. It's my third Wharton novel and so far, I'm thinking it's her best.

Not to forget, I got some good stuff in the mail this week and watched my first film in the Period Drama Challenge with Beau Brummell: This Charming Man.

Pretty eventful week all around. Hope you all have a great week. Now, back to football!

1 comments:

Frances said...

Ooo, these books in your future sound great. Love Brideshead Revisited! Maybe if you have some extra time, you can track down the old PBS production with Jeremy Irons? Happy reading!