Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Winter Rose by Jennifer Donnelly

Taking off two years after The Tea Rose ended, The Winter Rose follows India Selwyn Jones and Sid Malone. I have to say, I loved India a bit more than Fiona. She had a good head on her shoulders and was very intelligent.

The Winter Rose is even more an epic a book than it's predecessor. It contains the same characters from the previous installment and adds a new cast of characters to the mix. And, again, we're not stuck in one spot for too long. The Winter Rose takes us from London's East End all the way to Africa to adventures that will blow you away.

Taking place in the early 1900s, The Winter Rose includes real-life events and people into the mix by showing how women were fighting for respect in the work force, and for the right to vote.

I love this series - even if the books are a bit longer than they need to be; some parts are unnecessary - but nevertheless, LOVE them. The final installment can't come soon enough


1 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi,

Great review, I have both The Tea Rose, and The Winter Rose on my TBR. I guess I really need to move them up on my reading list.

Melissa
http://melissa-coffeebooksandlaundry.blogspot.com/