Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Miss Buncle Married by D.E. Stevenson


I received a galley of this novel from NetGalley for review. This in no way affected my opinions.

A nice follow-up to Miss Buncle's Book. Not as charming, but still a clever and amusing book.

Barbara, Miss Buncle, is now a married woman. She and her husband move to a new town to get away from all the annoying obligations to their friends. If the newlyweds are expecting peace and relaxation, they are wrong. There is just a whole new group of hijinks to get into in Wandlebury.

While there was a matter of a Will, and Barbara having to keep a secret from everyone, including her husband, I felt the story was missing something that its predecessor had. In Miss Buncle's Book, the hilarity of Barbara's book and the effects it had on her town ensued madness. With the follow-up, it was mostly Barbara getting to know her new neighbors and her insights on them.

Overall, it was a nice book about a town with some interesting occupants. I certainly enjoyed myself while reading, and enjoyed Barbara's voice.


2 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy it as much as the first. Great review.

Kimberlee
http://girllostinabook.blogspot.com

Audra said...

I think I'll just get the first one -- it sounds cuter and a little more enjoyable!